As a Grounds Assistant you will ensure the ground, gardens, roads and pathways of the Hotel site are well maintained, safe to use and are of good appearance. Working at the Chateau Impney Hotel, part of the Greyfort Group, you will have the vision to be an inspired individual, providing exceptional customer service and experiences which constantly exceed expectations. The company now offers a stylish setting for weddings and events with extensive conferencing and exhibition facilities, including the Regent centre, which is one of the largest exhibition spaces in the West Midlands.
Position in Organisation
Reports to: Property Manager
Responsible for: No direct reports
Hours of Work: To include evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- To be proactive in delivering the teams objectives
- Ensure you understand department needs and deliver the expected outcomes
- Ensure you comply to the Chateau Impney experience – our customer service directive
- To address with priority any issues which could impact on guest satisfaction
- Maintaining the lawns, flower beds, hedges, fields and hard-court areas to a high standard ensuring they are safe, fit for purpose and litterfree
- Ensure roads, pathways and all access areas are kept clear of leaves, other tree debris andlitterThe use of tractors and other equipment to maintain the grounds and parkingareas
- The use of hand tools and basic light machinery
- The use of cylinder and rotary mower’s, strimmer’s, leafblowers.
- To ensure all equipment, machinery and buildings are secure, clean andtidy.
- Maintain all equipment or plant which is in your care to the highest standards and advise of any damage or destruction
- Ensuring that all grounds equipment is maintained to a safe and serviceable condition and that the garage/workshop is kept clean andtidy.
- Ensure that all drains and gullies are kept clear and freeflowing.
- Monitor litter bins regularly, emptying whennecessary
- Keep waste and recycling compounds clean andtidy. This involves carboard bailing, bar bottle skip emptying and cleaning
- Regularly check all hotel fencing and boundaries, reporting any issues
- Clean all site signage
- Assist in the preparation and post event of internal areas for functions and events as directed including movement of chairs andfurniture, plant, setting up dance floor
- To carry out gritting, salt spreading, snow clearing around the site
- Assist with the erection and dismantling of temporary structures such as the marquee/gazebos asrequired.
- Ensure all items on the in-house maintenance list are addressed and rectified, reporting any hazards
- Complete any periodic maintenance as requested
- Safely dispose of rubbish and any unwanted equipment
- Ensure you are always polite, well presented and your uniform is clean
- Ensure your work area is always tidy and well maintained
- Accept and carry out any reasonable duties assigned to you by your manager or by any member of the hotel management team
- Ensure all cash in your care is banked and handled according to company procedures.
- Attend all relevant training as required by your manager.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the team.
- Ability to communicate with peers and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- ?Negotiate with others and resolve conflicts.
Health and safety
- Ensure you work in a manner that is always fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation and hygiene protocols
- Ensure you are informed of and trained in safe practises and procedures in their specific areas of work
- Ensure back of house and preparation areas are maintained and clean
- Ensure you are familiar with hotel emergency procedures
- Use and store chemicals safely and according to relevant COSHH data sheets
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Flexible towards working hours, including weekends and bank holidays
- A keen eye for detail
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Hard working
Applications by CV and covering letter to Kelly Bayton, email address, firstname.lastname@example.org