As the Food and Beverage Supervisor of the Chateau Impney Hotel, part of the Greyfort Group, you will have the vision to develop and mentor a team to become inspiring individuals, providing exceptional customer service and experiences which constantly exceed expectations. The company offers a stylish setting for weddings and events with extensive conferencing and exhibition facilities, including the Regent centre, which is one of the largest exhibition spaces in the West Midlands.
Position in Organisation
Reports to: A Food and Beverage Manager or General Manager.
Responsible for: Food and Beverage Assistants.
This role requires a strong personality to be able to use different management styles, with a hands-on approach which leads by example to create a positive environment for team development. This will include
- Supervise your department Assistants.
- To lead exceptional customer service with high quality through out the F & B operation
- Ensure team members understand customer needs and deliver the expected outcomes
- Ensure you comply with the Chateau Impney experience – our customer service directive
This role is required to
- Maintain our 5* Food Hygiene rating
- Supervise your department and assist employees as required.
- To perform Duty Manager function when required.
- Ensure hotel restaurant, bars and events areas are clean, tidy and maintained in line with health & safety requirements.
- Ensure your department is fully compliant with Health & Safety legislation and advise any concerns or shortfall to your department manager.
- Ensure you are fully compliant with the hotel Health & Safety policy.
- Ensure you are fully compliant with the hotel Fire Safety policy.
- Ensure back of house and preparation areas are maintained and clean.
- Use and store chemicals safely and according to relevant COSHH data sheets.
- Recommend procedural and profitability improvements as they are identified.
- Ensure all food service regulations are adhered to by you and your team.
- Ensure you and your team provide exceptional customer service and remain customer focused at all times.
- Ensure your team are at all times polite, well presented and their uniforms are clean, pressed and in adherence to company standards.
- Ensure all cashing up procedures are followed at all times and all shifts are balanced before being banked.
- Assist your departmental manager with co-ordinating and carrying out required training in your department, focusing on ‘on job’ mentoring/training.
- Observe and practice all relevant health & safety, fire and hygiene regulations and requirements.
- Assist with compiling weekly departmental rotas in line with the needs of the business.
- Assist with carrying out regular performance reviews with staff for whom you are responsible.
- Highlight issues affecting the operation of the business to the departmental manager.
- Enforce uniform and mobile phone usage policies.
- First point of contact for customer complaints – see escalation guidance.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key clients both internally and externally
- The people skills required to deal with challenging clients
- Ability to communicate with employee and clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Negotiate with others and resolve conflicts
Health and safety
- Ensure staff are informed of and trained in safe practices and procedures in their specific areas of work
- Ensure back of house and preparation areas are maintained and clean
- Ensure you are familiar with hotel emergency procedures
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Strong motivational and empowerment skills
- Strong communication and management skills
- Proven finance aptitude
- Must be driven, passionate and intuitive
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Possesses managerial courage
- Takes initiative
- Works well with all kinds of people
- Remains calm under pressure
Applications by CV and covering letter to Julie Bellerby, email address, email@example.com