As a Breakfast Chef you will oversee a section of the kitchen at the Chateau Impney Hotel, part of the Greyfort Group. You will have the vision to be an inspired individual, providing exceptional customer service and experiences which constantly exceed expectations. You will maintain consistent standards of service, ensuring guest satisfaction whilst creating a working environment that supports the hotel’s values. The company offers a stylish setting for weddings and events with extensive conferencing and exhibition facilities, including the Regent centre, which is one of the largest exhibition spaces in the West Midlands.
Position in Organisation
Reports to: Executive Chef
Responsible for: no direct team reports
Hours of work: On a Rota Basis. To include weekends and bank holidays
To be proactive in delivering the team’s objectives
- Producing quality hot and cold breakfast items to hotel standards. Ensure exceptional levels of guest service in this key revenue area.
- Ensure you understand customer needs and deliver the expected outcomes
- Ensure you comply to the Chateau Impney experience – our customer service directive
- To prepare and maintain our breakfast buffet to standard, and to ensure all food preparation and serving areas are always clean and tidy
- To implement and fully comply with all food safety procedures in-line with HACCP guidance.
- Responsible for all problems or queries that arise during your shift, be able to either resolve them yourself or seek assistance from the Duty Manager.
- To assist, where necessary, in preparation of the lunch service and any other areas required.
- To maintain pre-determined production levels to ensure provision is adequate for guests whilst minimising wastage
- Be able to work as a team and as an individual
- People skills required to deal with challenging customers
- Ability to communicate with peers and clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Negotiate with others and resolve conflicts
Health and safety
- Ensure you are informed of and trained in safe practices and procedures in your specific areas of work
- Ensure back of house and preparation areas are maintained and clean
- Ensure you are familiar with hotel emergency procedures
- Use and store chemicals safely and according to relevant COSHH data sheets
- Ensure you and the team work in a manner that is always fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation and hygiene protocols
- Ensure the safe storage and monitoring of food
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role within a quality establishment and the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Level 1 Food Hygiene
- Ability to maintain a consistently high standard of food delivery under pressure
- Flexible approach to working
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy consistency
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Takes initiative
- Works well with all kinds of people
- Remains calm under pressure
- Ability to work as an individual
Applications by CV and covering letter to Kelly Bayton, email address, firstname.lastname@example.org